Monday 24 February 2014

101 Things #62 - Join a Group of Some Kind


Last night I stepped out of my comfort zone, I joined a group. Not just any group, WeightWatchers.

Over the past couple of years WeightWatchers has been something I dabbled in, lost a few pounds decided that it wasn't for me to only put those pounds back on and a few extra, so I'd head straight back to it. Now I'm not saying that I am overweight because I am well aware that is the not the case here, I just feel I am on the wrong end of my dress size, a few pounds lost and I'll be back to being comfortable in my own clothes. 

For those that are in the dark about WeightWatchers, its a simple eating plan where you are allowed a certain amount of Pro Points per day, worked out on how much you are looking to lose. All food is awarded a Pro Point value so you can factor in what would and wouldn't work for your allocated points. For me I love this plan because I like being organised, knowing what I'm going to have one meal to the next. Most fruit and vegetables are free so you can fill up on those without feeling guilty. Over and above your daily points (I get 26) you also have 49 extra points to use over the week, I used to like saving these up for the weekend as it can be a lot more difficult to stick to routine and everyone likes a treat at the weekend! 

Previously I had only used the online sources as my work hours wouldn't allow a weekly meeting but now I switched departments and I'm working normal hours an evening meeting was a lot more possible. I opted to join a Monday night meeting as I thought it would give me a positive look on the week moving forward. 

Meeting new people has always been something I've been nervous about, I can be quite quiet and withdrawn until I get to know somebody well, and then you wont be able to shut me up! So walking into a room of strangers was not something that I was looking forward to in the slightest, but everyone was so lovely and welcoming. It was clear that everyone was there for the same reason, to lose weight. The actual weigh in wasn't as daunting as I had imagined - for some reason I thought it was going to be an assembly type situation when you individually get up in front of the class and get weighed. Thank god it wasn't like that! It was a wait in line jobby, jump on the scales and that was that, nice and easy! 

I'm one meeting down and I'm feeling super positive! Hopefully it will be like riding a bicycle and I'll pick it up again in no time.

I have been umm'ing and rrr'ing about whether to click publish on this post. I know weight loss is a touchy subject for most people, including myself so I wasn't sure how well it would be received but then I figured this a blog about me and my life and WeightWatchers is going to be a part of that again. Don't worry this isn't going to turn into a weight loss diary but I will be factoring in a few post's here and there to include recipes and little updates - I hope you don't mind :) 

K x

No comments :

Post a Comment