Monday 17 February 2014

What's In My Bag

I'm a bit of a nosey parker and I didn't think I'd be the only one out there who likes a good rummage through peoples bag so here I am offering mine on a plate! I have to say that I'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to handbags, I've got so many that I find it difficult to choose which one I am going to use. I am for ever swapping bags so I need all the bits to be easily transferred. I'd say the contents of my bag are very basic with most things being a necessity. 


Without fail you'll always find my Filofax in which ever bag I've chosen that day. Without this I wouldn't know what I was supposed to be doing. I like to be very organised and although I know most people have got up to date with technology and they use their phones to keep up to date but for me I like having a physically diary where I can see everything written down. I've had this diary for about 4 years now and its still going strong. Initially I was sceptical about paying a big chunk of money out for a diary but little did I know how it would change my life! Maybe I'll do a separate most on my love of this little book of pinkness! 

Keeping on the theme of writing things down I always have a note pad and pen with me so I can write down little snippets, ideas and wishlist items on the go. Normally this is where my to-do list is found. My boyfriend often laughs at my dot system but I love it! For those that are intrigued, when I write my to-do list I start each item with an open bullet point and then when I've completed that item I will fill in the dot - voilĂ  - the dot system! Its what we have been taught at work and somehow its made its way home!  

Next up we have ear phones, I love listening to music as it really helps me to switch off and keep the world out. My purse is a recent purchase from River Island. I love the bags and purses from there as they look a lot more expensive then what they are and they last really well. My previous purse was also from River Island but it was starting to look worse for wear after a few years so I decided this one would be perfect. There are lots of compartments for coins, cards and cash and especially all those loyalty cards I seem to be accumulating. Obviously my Nando's one is the most used - gotta love that chicken!  



To help swap from one bag to another I like to keep all my little bits and pieces in this Ted Baker bag which I got for Christmas a few years ago. Its the perfect size and I really like the cute ballerina design on the front. As its a soft material there is a bit of budge if I do need to fill it with more things. I also have a couple of odd bits in here such as the Eurax cream and Iglu, but I find these really useful to keep in my bag as during the summer months I'm for ever getting bitten by creepy crawlies and find the Euraz really helps to soothe. I'm also really unlucky to get ulcers quite often, some would say I'm greedy as I'm always biting the inside of my mouth but I say its so easy to do! 

In here I have everyday essentials such as hand cream, paracetamol, chewing gum and a little mirror. In the lips department I always have at least two or three products including balms and lipsticks. I'm always switching these up depending on what I'm wearing that day or what condition my lips are in. Today we have NYC Applelicious Lip Balm in Apple Blueberry Pie, I have a couple of colours of this balm as I feel like they are conditioning my lips as well as providing a little pop of colour - its nothing to do with the fact they smell like apples, I promise. I also have a Nivea Lip Butter in Vanilla and Macadamia which smells exactly like the Milky Bar yoghurts, yum yum. Finally I have one of the new Revlon Colour Burst Matte Balms in Elusive, this is great everyday colour although I do find at the moment that my lips are a bit too dry for this formula as it doesn't sit quite right. Hopefully when the weather warms up a little I'll get more use out of it. 

I keep a couple of face products in my bag should I feel the need to touch up during the day. In all honestly its always the one thing I forget to do until 4.59pm and who wants to touch up just before home time! I have the Revlon Nearly Naked Power which I find is really light weight but does take shine away with out leaving you looking cakey. I also have two Benefit products which are Some Kind of Gorgeous Foundation Faker which I like to use on my cheeks if my foundation starts to wear off to reveal my red cheeks and also Erase Paste which is a god send for the bags under my eyes and red bits around my nose. I only have this in a sample size buts its only a matter of time before I bite the bullet and get the full size. 

Lastly I have little mini nail files which I received last year in a Glossybox, at the time I thought it was a bit of a naff idea but who knew they would be such a good send! We've all been there when we chip a nail whilst out and you get that annoying bit flaking off that you cant stop picking. Well with these in my bag I am always prepared! 

So there you have it the contents of my bag! I hope you liked having a little nose around! If there's anything you think I should be adding please let me know - I always like to be prepared! 


7 comments :

  1. I love these posts! I'm just too nosy! I like your dot system! It sounds like a great idea.

    Jenn | PhotoJennic

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got to love being nosy! Dot system really helps me and my to-do list's, I have lists about lists lol x

      Delete
  2. Elusive is such a nice shade! I haven't tried the Revlon Matte Balms yet but Elusive is definitely on my wishlist.
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have some really lovely colours! I tend to normally go for the everyday colours I'll get most use out of but soon I'll have to think outside the box x

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the comment, I'll be sure to check out your blog x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these post! I was thinking about doing one soon! watch this space!
    P.S love the purse!
    Hannah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see it Hannah, I can imagine you have some great bits in your bag! xxx

      Delete